CDL Leasing

      Div. of:
                  Pace Inc.

Jefferson Trail W
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077

Phone: 651-775-7934


CDL Leasing Truck Rental and Training

CDL Leasing - Division of Pace Inc..  At CDL Leasing,  we offer  our customers an affordable alternative to expensive truck driving schools.  In less than a day, we will help prepare you  for your Class A or B truck test.   Includes  Pre-Trip Inspection  and on road practice training.   Once preparation is complete,  our vehicle will be ready for you at your selected DMV test center to pass your test and receive a Commercial Drivers License. 

Yes we offer a "NO Restriction" Class A Tractor/Trailer Combination,  for practice driving and rental.
Vehicles available for practice driving and rental:

  1."Class A Combination NO Restrictions" Tractor Trailer - includes manual 10 speed/5th wheel with 30' Flat Bed Trailer, Air Brakes, 65,000 LBS GVW
  2. "Class B No Restrictions" Manual Transmission - GVW 32,000 Single Axle Tractor

  3. "Class A Combination - Restrictions" - Automatic Transmission, Air Brakes, 14,000 GVW Trailer

  4. "Class B - Restrictions "  - Automatic Transmission,  33,000 GVW Straight Truck

  Rental Vehicle Qualifications:  Class A or B Permit (General knowledge, Air Brake Endorsement, Combination(if applicable)), and a valid driver’s license.  Health card is also required by the DMV before your license is issued.

  Schedule Appointment: Please call DMV (phone number listed on "schedule Appt. page").  Once appointment has been  scheduled.  Complete form and submit.  We will respond with confirmation email.  Practice and road test is usually completed on the  same day,   unless DMV test time is early a.m. or you are testing with our "NO Restriction Vehicle", in which case practice driving will be scheduled at least 1 week prior to your test date.

We will deliver vehicles to  Eagan or Hastings DMV Testing location.  Note:  Additional $65.00 required when testing at Hasting location.  We will travel to any MN testing location. (per mile added charge).  Refer to pricing page for details.

Pre-Trip and Driving practice: Scheduled same day as  your DMV test,  unless you are testing with a "No Restriction Class A" which requires at least 1 week prior to test for practice.

Required Endorsements for CDL - Class A,B, and C Driver's License
The class of the Commercial Drivers License, A, B or C refers to the weight of the vehicle. When a person gets a CDL, they take the General Knowledge test (required for any CDL) and the tests for any endorsements they want or need for that license class. The driver will take the actual driving test in the vehicle that falls into the weight class for the vehicle they will be driving.

The federal standard requires states to issue a CDL to drivers according to license classifications. Here are the Class designations from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration:

    Class A License - Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
    Class B License - Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
    Class C License - Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials.

For a CDL Class A drivers license, you will need to successfully pass the following exams:

    General Knowledge Test
    Air Brakes
    Combination Vehicle
    Pre-Trip Inspection
    Other Applicable Exams for Desired Endorsements

Class A Pre Trip, Air Brakes, and Road Test Information

Website Builder